The Virtual Commons has two codebases both hosted by SourceForge. Our Subversion repository contains our client-server interactive experiments implemented in Java, and our Mercurial repository hosts our the in-development web framework for interactive web-based collective action experiments built using Django.
- foraging experiment documentation
- irrigation experiment documentation
- csidex is a software framework providing configuration and networking support for our experiments
The new vcweb framework is being designed to support rich/interactive web-based experiments with support for timed rounds and server push (e.g., group-filtered chat). We are maintaining living documentation of the development process and are working towards a prototype beta release soon.
- Download the latest version from http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=231726
- Configure your experiment/treatment - http://opensource.asu.edu/display/COMMONS/Foraging+Configuration
- Deploy the experiment server and client jars and JNLP files - http://opensource.asu.edu/display/COMMONS/Foraging+Deployment
Please feel free to contact us if you have any specific questions as well.